Elizabethan Name Generator
Welcome to the Elizabethan Name Generator! Use this idea generator to generate thousands of possibilities for Elizabethan names. Have fun!
- <% result.name %>
Enjoy your green, no ads and privacy-first visit! Learn more
10 tips for coming up with Elizabethan names
- Research regional naming conventions during the Elizabethan era in the areas most associated with that time period.
- Research known names of important historical figures associated with the Elizabethan Era.
- lookup Olde English names and words.
- Explore names of Roman or Greek origin, as they are often seen in Elizabethan/Renaissance literature.
- Explore the names of animals or plants often found during the era.
- Look up New Testament and Old Testament scriptures for inspiration.
- Explore the names of nautical ships, which often take on male-oriented names associated with a certain character.
- Visit the library for books on medieval English names for more ideas.
- Look up the seven planets and their classical names from the Renaissance.
- Combine two names, like William and Alfred, to form a new Elizabethan-styled name.
Elizabethan names can be used in a variety of ways. They can be used to name a young person as a form of personalization, or a name for a historical character in a play. The names are often chosen because of their historical significance, or because of the style in which they are pronounced. Choosing the right name for a character in a play can have a great impact on how the play is received.
Why should you use an Elizabethan Name Generator?
Using an Elizabethan Name Generator is a great way to add a historically authentic touch to your project. Whether you're writing a play, a fantasy story, or even just coming up with character names for your next tabletop RPG, an Elizabethan Name Generator can provide you with some creative, period-accurate options. Plus, with so many names to choose from, you're sure to find one that perfectly suits your story or game.
So many ideas, but can I use the Elizabethan names for free?
All random Elizabethan names created with this tool are 100% free to use without any need to provide credit (although we do appreciate the occasional shoutout). Be a little careful though, as there is always a small chance that an idea already belongs to someone else.
Is there a limit to how much I can generate with this random Elizabethan Name Generator?
There's thousands of Elizabethan names in this Elizabethan Name Generator, so you won't need to be worried that we'll run out anytime soon. Just have fun with it.
For even more ideas and some additional options, be sure to also check out the Elizabethan Name Generator over on The Story Shack.
Explore some Elizabethan names
- Dorcas Loveryk
- Bernard Skipwith
- Esau Muston
- Tobias Norwood
- Valentine Aylmer
- Wilmot Keriell
- Gilbert Chowne
- Matthew Whitewood
- Christabell Spetyll
- Nathanyell Alikok
No ads, green and privacy-first
This site serves no ads, runs on renewable energy and fully respects your privacy. The only way it earns is by accepting donations.
Will you support with a small donation?
Supporters enjoy instant benefits
You will also receive access to an enhanced experience over on my other site thestoryshack.com that includes a no-ad approach, unlimited access to all its current tools and DRM-free artwork.