Japanese Name Generator
Welcome to the Japanese Name Generator! Use this idea generator to generate thousands of possibilities for Japanese names. Have fun!
- <% result.name %>
10 tips for coming up with Japanese names
- Research popular Japanese names and consider using them as inspiration.
- Look at kanji (characters) and find meanings that you like.
- Choose characters that sound good together.
- Study Japanese culture for ideas for male and female names.
- Check for any unfortunate meanings when combined.
- Know the traditions of name order when writing.
- Understand the phonology, or sound system of Japanese.
- Learn the Japanese writing system.
- Consult books, websites, and other resources on Japanese names.
- Watch movies, anime, and read books for name ideas.
The Meanings of Popular Japanese Names
If you want to learn the meanings of some of the most popular Japanese names, you're in luck. Below, we'll explore the meanings of popular names like Honoka, Soma, Haruko, Katsuo, and Fumihito.
Why should you use a Japanese Name Generator?
Using a Japanese Name Generator can be a helpful resource if you're looking for a unique name that is inspired by Japanese culture. With the many resources available, such as meaning and pronunciation, you can quickly and easily find a name that you are proud to call your own. It can also be fun to discover and explore the different names that the generator has to offer, and come up with a one-of-a-kind name that speaks to you.
So many ideas, but can I use the Japanese names for free?
All random Japanese names created with this tool are 100% free to use without any need to provide credit (although we do appreciate the occasional shoutout). Be a little careful though, as there is always a small chance that an idea already belongs to someone else.
Is there a limit to how much I can generate with this random Japanese Name Generator?
There's thousands of Japanese names in this Japanese Name Generator, so you won't need to be worried that we'll run out anytime soon. Just have fun with it.
For even more ideas and some additional options, be sure to also check out the Japanese Name Generator over on The Story Shack.
Explore some Japanese names
- Kudou Nikko
- Kamino Ryosei
- Nakajima Toyotomi
- Hori Sosa
- Kita Kitahachi
- Yamasaki Taji
- Uyemura Noriaki
- Anzai Shiba
- Seto Ikemoto
- Yokoyama Washi